Projects and goals for 2019
2019 is right around the corner and I am gearing up to make some positive changes!
I love the New Year and all of the resolutions that come along with starting fresh and forever bettering ourselves. I typically try to frame my resolutions as projects or goals, so they aren’t vague and I don’t lose sight of them. I also typically tend to have a couple of them.
- Organize my dang kitchen cabinets, and keep them that way! It’s easy to put everything in its place when there is a place for everything. The first project I tackle this year is going to be creating those places.
- Shop slower and smaller. One of my biggest weaknesses in life is Target, but I know that every purchase I make is a vote. This year I’m voting for second hand, small businesses, and American made. Wrapped into this one, I’m also going to try to be better about doing more DIYs when I can and repurposing things I already have.
- Read more. Also in this is to finally get a Houston library card. I love reading and really haven’t at all since moving here. Holler at me with book recommendations!
- Paint the whole house. It sounds ridiculous, but I am convinced that every single white wall in our house is actually just primed, not painted. It’s a big job that I’m dreading, but I know it’ll make a big difference. It’ll also be hugely helpful to know what color is on our walls for any future holes that need to be patched.
- Transform the laundry closet into a laundry room. I should probably tackle the closets in our bedroom, too. Right now, these spaces are more of dumping grounds and would benefit so much from being more thoughtfully considered. They can be so much more than the boring rooms that they currently are!
- Live a healthier lifestyle. Listen, I know this is a vague one, but it’s kind of a two part thing. I used to run a ton but ended up with chronic back/butt pain and it’s pretty much just been a passive issue for the past three (!!!) years. I’m going to finally focus on this recovery and start to hopefully enjoy running again!
- Explore more of Texas. I want to go on all the little weekend trips. There is so much to see!
- Keep up with this blog. I’ve loved having this as a creative outlet and love seeing all of our projects come to life. Looking back on the changes we’ve made are already exciting for me to see and it’s only been 4 months since our first project!
I’m so ready to tackle all of the projects that 2019 brings!
What are some of your goals and resolutions this year?
This post was written for the Collected Eclectic blog.
Collected Eclectic was a passion project focused on recording the process as Grace and Michael van Meurer transformed their builder grade home in to something special.
124 blog posts were published between 2018 and 2021. Explore the complete Collected Eclectic archive here.
Learn more about the project here.